Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Healthy Diet

Liam is a boy of limited and freakish tastes. His food intake can almost be covered 100% with the following list:

Toast with Nutella
Toast with Honey
Ham and Cheese sandwich
Tortillas with nothing on them
Noodles with "cheese pepper" (parmesan)
Rice
Yogurt (Strawberry only)
Gummi Bears
Milk
Apple Juice

That covers pretty much his food needs. The occasional cookie, chocolate or ice cream can go in there too. We were totally shocked the other day when he ate BBQ chicken. It could be that the BBQ season opening up will see some additions to his plate, but I am still thinking it was a freak occurrence.

Last night, he came up with a new dish that will most likely not be sweeping the nation:


As much as I like both of these things, I don't think they really go together that well.

Still, Liam ate it and demanded more sauce when he had eaten up the brown portion of the rice.

To be fair, I liked to eat HP Sauce and butter sandwiches as a kid. OK, I still eat them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeeze a few vegetables in there and I think I could live off of Liam's diet.

Mike P said...

I LOVE HP sauce on rice. My wife freaks out whenever I do this. Like I am insulting the pride of Japanese rice. Seriously she'll leave the room.

But it doesn't make me not eat it. It is the best!!!!!

Mike P said...

Just showed the wife... he face dropped and she said...
"Jesus" in English.

Anonymous said...

HP Sauce is amazing on everything

Just look at ingrediants - they combined the exports of about 6 different countries that were once under colonial rule.

Fraser Anderson said...

I have never thought of HP sauce that way.

It is in a way the personification of the British Empire.

I also like it on almost everything. But the HP and butter sandwiches are my secret pleasure that makes Claudia cringe.

Anonymous said...

well, kind sir. here are the ingrediants:

most of those are not homegrown in england.

Water
Vinegar
Dates
Glucose-Fructose
Black Strap Molasses
Tomato Paste
Modified Cornstarch
Salt
Orange Juice Concentrate
Onion
Spices
Tamarind Extract
Apple Juice Concentrate
Garlic
Chili Peppers
Mustard Flour

Fraser Anderson said...

amazing.

one time I had a work meeting in the UK. When we booked the restaurant for "HP" the staff were all excited because they thought we were from the sauce.

They were very let down when they found out we were the other HP.

I also liked the recent political storm when HP sauce moved production from the UK to Netherlands. The papers went nuts.

Anonymous said...

Before we married Ryan ate rice with cold (!) tuna in it. Maybe Liam would like that, too.
The Doris