Thursday, April 03, 2008

More Mercedes Museum

Here are a few more nice things I saw at the Museum...

This was a hot looking race car on a "high speed transporter" I think I would like to drive that truck almost as much as the car on the back. This may have been the greatest vehicle of all time.... the mobile post office. I cannot believe I only took one photo of it!!!!! It is about 30 feet long, and contains desks for mail clerks, a phone box that can make international calls and a complete mail delivery system. wow. just wow. It is a huge beast of a vehicle that was made to service areas of Austria that could not support permanent post offices.

It is very very great.
Another of my favorites was the world renowned POPEMOBILE. YES! The actual Popemobile of John Paul II. My only disappointment was that you could not hop up and get a photo of yourself inside. Surely that is the main appeal of this tremendously ugly safety vehicle.

When I become emperor of all reality, I will commission a car combining the Popemobile with the mobile post office. Then perfection will have been achieved.
Side view of this awesomeness... Look at the majesty of the gold wheels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have jumped into the popemobile. It's not like the security guards could have shot you or anything.