Friday, April 11, 2008

The Race Car Exhibit

Sorry if everyone is getting sick of my trip to the Mercedes Museum, but too bad. I enjoyed it and want to show all the neat stuff they have there. Otherwise I don't really have a lot going on at the moment...

I am not really wanting to start writing tirades about angry work moments I have had. This has been a rather nasty week in the office and I am a little bit on the super angry side with some folks there.

Anyway, near the end of the Museum, there is a really neat display showing a bunch of the various Mercedes race cars through the years. They have the outside wall all set up like a race track and the cars look a little like they are zooming around you. I thought it looked pretty cool.
I am not really a car racing fan, but it is hugely popular in Germany. Look at this snazzy car, I can really imagine driving it down to the grocery.I personally like the older race cars. I think I could have had a career as a race driver in the era when cars only had a top speed of around 40 miles per hour. That is something I could handle.
I only have one more post about cars coming up... so I better find something else going on around here to write about. I guess I can fill at least a few with how excited we all are for the impending Canada visit in May.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last photo is interesting...looks like the cars they used in the upcoming Speed Racer film.

Fraser Anderson said...

There is a speed racer film?

ugh... Hollywood is really out of ideas.

Anonymous said...

http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com/