Monday, April 07, 2008

Last Hockey of the Season

Well, I had my last hockey game of the season on Saturday and I am delighted to say that it was a complete triumph.

Stuttgart Broncos : 12
Wernau Losers : 4

I had a very good game myself, allowing only 4 goals, and one of those was scored by my own defence on an unlucky bounce.

Here are some photos from the game to enjoy.

The puck about to be dropped, Stuttgart are in white, Wernau in blue.
A save by the Wernau goalie, he started off alright, but I think his other players just got too tired by about halfway through the first Period. After 20 minutes, it was Stuttgart 4 Wernau 2.
This was a much more common sight, the puck in the net behind him...
Here is some action in front of our net. The small guy in the white shirt is Willi and he scored 5 times in the game. Although one of them was the own goal...
A little blurry, but my sweet glove save was captured for posterityOne more of action in front of me.
All in all a good game for us, it was amazing that we got 12 goals, none of our "big scoring" players even turned up... There was just some very good performances from the whole bunch. It is a shame that the tournament was cancelled, but since a tournament is usually a bunch of 30 minute games, replacing it with one full 60 minute game means I played just about as much hockey as I would have otherwise.

A fine finish to the year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest to everyone to click on the photos to enlarge and see Fraser in all his goal-saving glory.

Fraser, the bigger question was how many shots were taken on you?

Fraser Anderson said...

I am not actually sure. A fair number. i would call it between 20-30.

I made some pretty nice saves, but my defense kept a lot of the trouble away from me.

Anonymous said...

everyone looks tiny on the ice buy you. are you playing in a german midget hockey league?

gs

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, in my photos I can see Willi, who is a tiny dude from Khazakstan, but our defensemen are pretty big...

Simon the Czech is about 6-4 and then the two fellows from Sweden are both taller than me and I am around 6 foot give or take an inch.

I suppose my huge equipment makes me look more massive

Anonymous said...

Stunning end to the hockey season. Perhaps the Leafs should acquire you and your teammates over the summer

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, I am Habs fan and I think they don't need me...

If any NHL teams are in the market for a bunch of slow older guys, we are all quite available for the league minimum.

I don't mind warming the bench until retirement.

Anonymous said...

No wonder the NHL is looking at making goalie equipment smaller! Even the non pro stuff helps even you fill the whole net.

Rumour has it, they only had 7 shots, but we can let Fraser embellish a little since he did win.

BTW - leafes dont need a goalie, Telskela is good... they need heart and somebody making deals that does not sign a bunch of lazy asses to long term, over priced, no-trade clause contracts.

They should have give up a month or more ago and they would have been in the lottery for a GOOD draft pick... oh wait, they'd draft someone would would never make it to the NHL anyway, oh well.

I hate doing it, but have to cheer for the Habs this year since they are the only ones getting out of the first round from Canada... too bad Edmonton didnt start their run a week earlier and pulled off an upset like Washington.

Fraser Anderson said...

rumour has it?

I did not realize you were so tapped in to the south western German Men's hobby hockey scene.

I spit on your comments and challenge you to put your money where your mouth is Mr. Winnipeg hockey master. Meet me on the ice.

I would say meet halfway, but that is probably in Greenland.