Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

Well, the big day is all over here, as you may or may not know, the Christmas celebrations in Germany are conducted on the 24th in the evening. We had our gift exchange and a nice big dinner. For the past few years now, we have had a nice big ham that is packed inside a bread, so when you slice it all up, you get what looks like a ham steak with a halo of fresh dark bread. It is really really good.


Here is the family photo I took. I know Liam has his arm up, but this one was the only one where everyone else was smiling. There are plenty of Liam pictures around to whet the appetite for screaming babies:
Liam of course was the big gift getter at Christmas here, pretty reasonable given that he is the smallest one in the family and already owns the least amount of stuff. He received a bunch of toys, many farming related ones (he likes cows) and the big hit was the "Big Bobby" car.
These "Big Bobby" cars are pretty much a required purchase for all babies over here, I have actually seen traffic jams of these things in playgrounds as so many kids are scooting around on them. Since it is cold and rotten out, I have the next months to look forward to being run over repeatedly by the boy and his car. I have already looked into the clever accessory for the car called "whisper wheels."

Then again, it does not do much for the overall noise level to put whisper wheels on the car, then let Liam and his fire engine siren scream drive it. I wish I could get a product called "whisper child."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liam should go on Pimp My Ride and get his Big Bobby pimped out.

I'm thinking gold trim and hydroylics.