Thursday, December 07, 2006

Queen Mary Luxurious stateroom

This is my room on the Queen Mary where we had our meeting. As you can see, the concept of luxury seems to have changed over the years. Maybe it is because people were shorter in the 1930s and 1940s, but I cannot help but think that they were ever short enough to consider this room big.

Notice the scenic post directly in the centre of the room, or the nice little curtain in the corner, hiding my window. The window is about as big as a dinner plate, but I can forgive that. It is a boat after all.
My super spacious bathroom did not manage to make it on to the Queen Mary Brochure. It is just as luxurious as it looks. For a good sense of size, the shower head is just about at my neck level. Just right for someone of my height. Or perhaps an especially tall dwarf.

No comments: