Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dance School in Hulb…

As I work on my overall fitness level, I am frequently taking some nice walks on my lunch hour these days.  This takes me through the wonderfully picturesque parts of Hulb, Böblingen, a town known for its dedication to both industry and car dealerships.  Seriously though, Hulb is basically an industrial park with a few office blocks, some factories, mega groceries and a furniture store or two. 

As I was strolling along though, I noticed this place tucked into the corner of a building next to a window-builder (Fensterbau)

CIMG0008

The Elaine Walker Acadamy of Irish Dance, complete with a  catchy looking stylish line art dancer logo.  I am not sure why I found this so amusing, but I just laughed when I saw it.  It seems very out of place to have a “dance acadamy” in the middle of Hulb between a glass shop some factory or other.  It is almost as strange as the scuba shop in the middle of Böblingen (we are at least 5-6 hours drive from the sea in any direction.)

CIMG0007

Anyway, it is good to know that my Irish dancing needs will be taken care of along with any double glazing.

No comments: