Friday, August 10, 2012

The Fat Project Day 25

The final days are closing and I will see if I can surpass the 10 pounds lost before next Tuesday.  I think it is possible based on the recent numbers, but I will have to see how tempting BBQ and beer are this weekend.  I think it is rough on Mike at this point as he does not have as much available exercise time as I do since he is preparing for the big trip, but he has still been doing pretty awesome all the same.

As far as Fraser vs. Mike, it is fairly much neck and neck at this point.  I still like my chances to squeak out ahead, but Mike can be a pretty determined guy.  He will also have a nice 8 hour flight right before our final weigh-in, so I will have to assume he will have the usual levels of air-cabin dehydration working for him.  I am going to have to be at my best between now and Tuesday if I hope to win.  To be honest, I don’t really care too much about winning any more, I am just so pleased with the results. 

Todays weight loss icon is chocolate croissants.

snap

I have been really enjoying this endeavor so far and I fully intend to keep going until I hit 75kg (165 pounds)  I am keeping careful track of my body fat% and my lean vs fat mass.  Dieting is not doing anything for my overall health if I am cutting out food and just losing muscle weight.  Then I would be less massive, but just as fat.  However, in my 4.2kg loss so far, I have lost 3.3kg fat and 0.9kg lean mass.  I am doing my best at the gym to keep the muscles going, but some loss there is inevitable I suppose.

To put those numbers into perspective though, I have lost 4.2kg of total mass (-4.8%) in 25 days.  However, I have lost 14.8% of my fat mass (-3.3kg)  No wonder my pants are looser.  Anyway, I would like to try for the 75kg end state while keeping all my lean mass, or even going up a little.  This means I need to try for 14% body fat.  That will be tougher, but not unattainable.  The fat project will certainly have a second round starting after this one!

 

image

No comments: