Monday, August 20, 2007

Lazy Monday and a cruel child in the 70s

I did not have any great creative thoughts, and I think it is very possible that I have even posted this picture before, but I think it is well worth a second look.
Look at what my parents did to me in the 1970s.... Brown and orange tartan polyester suit. how amazing is it that this fashion did not stick around. My sister was not left out, but I have to say that her outfit is much much more attractive than mine.

It fairly much inspires me to put together some REALLY bad outfits to photograph Liam wearing, just so that in the year 2040 or so when he is my age (wow!) he can do things like this too.

For fashion bonus points, I once again revel in the glory of that couch and the truly outstanding cushion resting upon it. Maybe in one of my trips back to Canada I will be able to raid some photo albums just to get more images of the amazing decorations of the era. I am pretty sure that the things we had in our house were typical representations of what was common around that time. Or if anyone of the few people reading this has a particularly nice 70s-80s era photo to share with me, I would be delighted so spread that joy to the internet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fraser,
yes just ask my Mom for some pictues. We had an awesome wallpaper: Orange and brown. And there is a flattering picture of me in yellow tights, a red skirt and a jacket (I forgot the colour but it did not match either).
The Doris