Monday, August 13, 2007

Living room looking done

Well, I finally hung up the pictures in the living room on the weekend, so it finally looks like it is rather "done" from a moving in point of view. The actual living room area is quite sparsely decorated, but personally that is a look I prefer. Less stuff makes the space look nice and tidy.

Eventually, Claudia would like some sort of furniture piece for that wall, a wall unit or some low cupboard or something, but I think that will be fairly far along the list of things we need to buy and do for the house. I would like to get rid of the glass table, I hate it. I really dislike glass and metal furniture, the TV stand will also go one day, but it was cheap and there are not many alternatives for a corner CRT TV of that size. I think a nice wooden unit with a flat screen would be better, but these things take time. That TV meets our needs for the moment.

The pictures are both a nice reminder of Canada, and Claudia and I both quite like the style of native art. The print on the right is one I bought her for our anniversary back in 2003 or so, and then we needed a second picture so the wall would not look so bare. We ordered it from a gallery over the internet and now I think I may like the whale picture even better.

Here is a "before" photo for a comparison, so floor, furniture, lights, pictures and curtains are added. I realize now that the curtains are not so visible in my picture, perhaps I will have to take a better angle to show them. oops:
Here is a close up of the orca print so you can have a better look at it:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser you should have your own design show.

Fraser Anderson said...

My show would not be good. It would be me saying "paint everything white and have no furniture"

believe me, anything that looks even a little bit nice in our house is 100% Claudia.

I have virtually zero creativity or taste.

Anonymous said...

Looks good

But the red wall would make me angry and I'd smash stuff.

Fraser Anderson said...

Gord, is there anything that does not make you want to smash stuff?

Anonymous said...

Ladies. I like the ladies.