Monday, March 12, 2007

All Moved now. 2 days since move

So, the big day has come and gone.

Amazingly, the phone company showed up bright and early at 8:30 this morning and got our phone and internet connected without a problem. I was truly amazed after both our own bad phone experience and that of my colleagues.

The move itself was fine but arduous, I have never been so pooped as I was on Saturday night. Got up at around 7am and finished moving boxes, did last minute packing, then went to get the truck. Once I got back most of the wonderful volunteers had arrived and we started to work. It took about 4 loads, but the last one was really only needed because I packed the truck so poorly on the third trip. The guys who came to help were all awesome and I will have to be giving a nice big BBQ invitation to them all this summer.

Nothing was broken during the move and there were only a few minor scratches here and there.

I spent all day Sunday building things and moving things around and it is quite livable now

We currently have no kitchen and it will not be delivered until next Wed, so it is all sandwiches and soup on our brand new hotplate until then.


No pictures yet, but I will have a bunch to get on here soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fraser,

Glad you got moved in alright. Hope Liam is adjusting well to all the new space.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.