Thursday, March 01, 2007

Nervous about the Adjustment - 8 Days Until Move

Here Liam is sitting calmly on the couch, playing with the learning tree while bobby looks on.

I am a little nervous about how Liam will adjust to a whole different life. He really spent about 70-80% of his life in this living room, on this couch (much like Jarvis.) We basically live on one floor now and Liam knows where everything is. He can wander from room to room over the entire flat, with only the office off limits due to stairs.

Now we will have essentially two floors to worry about, with his room (and most of his toys) upstairs and the living room and sort of "common area" downstairs. He cannot manage stairs on his own yet, so it will be interesting to see how he pushes us around to make us take him to the part of the house he wants. I think that the downstairs rooms will be off limit, at least until there is a floor installed there.BONUS GAME

OK, this is an old but fun game. Name all 50 US states in less than 10 minutes. I was able to get 48, and of course the ones I missed seemed very obvious in the end. See if you can do better.

Link in the title or HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much. My niece was 2 when she moved from London, UK to Toronto, and lived in 4 different places in 2 years while my brother's house was being renovated.

She adapted really quickly. I'm sure Liam will enjoy exploring all the new spaces.

Plus he has the bear heads in his bedroom

Anonymous said...

Dave

You are the voice of reason.

Cats have a harder time adjusting to new places then babies so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fraser Anderson said...

I am sure he will adjust faster than I will. Liam loves running around the big empty house when we have him over there now.

We just need to get some gates on the stairs so it is safe for the little dude.