Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hey You Kids!

At the moment, our house is not at all finished on the outside. This extends to the backyard too. We still have the large mound of earth standing there that was scraped out when they put in our basement.

Some of the local kids have decided to use this hill as a little playground, climbing it like a tiny mountain and for some reason, piling some rocks on the top. I discovered this yesterday when I heard some kid-like noises coming from the back of the house, I looked out of the window and saw them swarming like ants on the mound.

They seemed to be having fun, so I just watched them for a little bit and then took this photo of them, but in my brain, the cranky old guy already wanted to throw open the window and yell "HEY YOU KIDS, GET OUT OF MY YARD!" Not at all because I cared they were playign in my dirt, but more because this is the first time I have ever owned a yard and I wanted to assert my sovereignty. Besides, isn't that the sort of thing that people yell at kids on TV? Then they all scream and run away and then try to sneak back later when "Mean Mr. Anderson" is not around...

There were about seven kids at one point, but when I took this picture out of the upstairs window, only this bunch could be seen. I suppose the rest were gathering rocks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a big appartment complex with an open meadow next to our house. On our way to school this was a short cut. But the people living in the house yelled at you, if they cought you taking the shortcut. Nowadays I am still scared about crossing the meadow behind a house!! A life long drama!
But we also had a neighbour, who gave us sweets when she saw us playing. She will be always in a good memory.
The Doris

Anonymous said...

I think you should establish your reputation as Old Man Anderson right off the bat.

Let'em know who's boss.

Fraser Anderson said...

I don't have a hose yet, so I can't go spray it on them to make them run.

Jay Rymal said...

Fraser, when you're a landowner, you kick stupid kids off before they hurt themselves and sue you.
And it's fun.