Thursday, March 08, 2007

No photos today - 2 Days to go

Well, I am off work in house preparation mode now, I spent the day moving boxes and then painting the concrete floor in the electrical/laundry room over at the house.

This experience has reminded me that I was correct in not choosing painting as a career. It is not like I did a bad job, it just took me about 2 hours to paint the floor only of one small room. I did have to give it 3 coats (as instructed by the real painter last week.) Painting raw cement is dirty, dusty and generally not fun.

I have had a bit of a sore back the last days, probably from lugging boxes around, and crouching down edging the room and painting behind the furnace thing did not do so much to help it. I know I should not be such a wimp, but I feel it is my god given right to complain about whatever I feel like.

I will just be really happy Saturday evening, after the bed is built and I am sleeping in a nice new house. I will be even more happy next Tuesday, When I have the day off, Liam is in Daycare and Claudia is at work and I can spend the whole morning conked out on the couch watching the four hours of Battlestar Galactica that I have saved for this even.

Actually, lets go ahead and put a nice Battlestar picture here in honor of this forthcoming greatness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BATTLESTAR GALACTICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Genius.

Dave reminds me of Boxey from the original show.

Fraser Anderson said...

"Do you watch Battlestar Galactica? No? Then you are an idiot"

-Dwight Schrute

Debbie said...

Ha! We have a story in our next issue about Battlestar Galactica.

I created the headline for the cover "Battlestar Galactica: Best Show Ever"

Anonymous said...

Reclining Fraser?
Can I join?
Reclining Ryan

Fraser Anderson said...

Ryan, if you want to come over to watch BSG, there is plenty of room on the couch.

Bring snacks.