Sunday, October 15, 2006

KISS rocked

Like most small boys in the late 70s and early 80s, I thought the greatest band in the world was KISS. I do not think that I could have told you the names of any song or album, but they dressed like monsters and had lots of explosions on stage. This was more than good enough for me.

So at some fair or other in Orangeville, there was of course a cool face painting booth and I remember that the Face Painting operators had 2-3 KISS albums sitting there with them to reference as 9 out of 10 small boys just showed up and pointed to the albums. Make me look like that one. I think most guys picked Gene Simmons (the demon looking one,) and as I recall, I originally wanted Ace Frehley (the spaceman,) but they had run out of sparkly silver makeup. So I went with my second choice, Peter Criss.

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is where did you get those salmon coloured jeans?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and what is on your t-shirt?

MP

Fraser Anderson said...

You are just jealous of my 80s style.

That is my "Galactic Warrior" shirt, which rocked,and they are actually shorts.

Yeah!