Monday, July 23, 2012

New Wallet

OK, so it may seem like an odd thing to write a post about, but a little while ago I purchased a new wallet.

 

I was quite unsatisfied with my wallets of the past, feeling that they were too thick and bulky.  I also found it annoying that a relatively small simple think would cost $50 or more.  I know I am being cheap about that, but hey, I can be pretty cheap.

 

While on vacation in Canada, I was in an outdoorsy type store and I saw that they had some really really thin wallets.  Some made from paper, some from nylon, even one from sail-cloth.  I liked that they were all very very thin and light, but I did not like that they were quite expensive (outdoors shops seem to only carry expensive things.)  So I went home and had a look around the interwebs for some alternatives.

 

Without too much searching, I found the “Big Skinny” wallet.  $25 USD, made from nice thin nylon and a bit more durable than paper.  It looked like a good fit, so I ordered one.

 

Empty, it is shockingly thin.  Here I sit it next to my old leather wallet, both empty.  To be fair, my leather one is likely bulging out a little more since it is molded to the stuff I have been carrying around in it the past few years, but still, it is way way thicker.

DSC_1800

 

The only “feature” the big skinny did not have compare to my old wallet was a change purse.  but this is something I never ever used and actually complained often about not being able to find a wallet without one in Germany.  Despite being rather small, I was still able to fit all the same cards in it that I had in my old one.

 

DSC_1809

 

Even filled with all that stuff, the new skinny wallet is quite a bit thinner than the empty (and now squished down) old leather wallet.  It is much more comfortable to carry around and it can slip pretty easily into back or front pockets.  If anything the only complaint I have is that I sometimes have to search a bit for it since I forget which pocket I put it in and don’t feel it so easily.

 

DSC_1804

 

OK, so there is my random product review and endorsement of the “Big Skinny” wallet.  Check it out.

 

DSC_1798

No comments: