Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Fat Project–Day 6 (really)

OK, so it looks like I am unable to count and mislabeled yesterday as day six.  Today is the true day six and we will reach the magic one week milestone tomorrow.  I have hit a small snag in that I have come down with quite  a nasty head cold.  Feeling ill has the positive weight losing influence of limiting my appetite, but it also has the more negative effect of taking away my will to do any exercise at all.  I certainly will not be going to the gym for a couple of days.  Despite this, I continue to have slow and steady progress on my weight and I am quite pleased with the results.

I have to confess, I have not done nearly as much exercise in this first week as I thought I would.  Almost all my progress has come down to eating smaller portions.  I read someplace that the best way to make progress on any goal is to write it down.  Since I am borderline nuts for analytics, I have been logging every item of food I ingest since the start of the bet and counting my calories.  It is annoying and not that fun to do, but it does seem to be working for me.  I hope I can keep it up long enough to reach my goals.

Todays total weight loss is measured in Cinnabons.

snap

1 comment:

Mike Starr said...

I have reduced my food portions as well with little exercise, but these last couple of days made that even hard. I will be back on track tomorrow though.