Monday, February 26, 2007

Bear Heads again - 12 Days until move

This weekend I went over to the house to paint the famous bear heads on the wall of Liam's room. We have these in his current room and we like them, so he gets them again. My mother seems to not approve and think that they are too babylike, but we say a resounding "Meh."

Liam's constant companions in the house are Oompa the bear and Bobby the bear, so it seems appropriate. Besides, we like bears too.

Here is the freshly painted blue room, a blank canvas for bear head glory:Next, I made a line of tape and checked it was straight with the level so I did not make ramping bear heads. The bear head stencil came with his "Steiff" linen, so it matches the head on his blankets and changing table:
Then after a little bit of work, a nice border of teddy bears surround the room for some bear fun.

Later on, if I want to punish him for something, I can start to paint evil eyes and blood dripping fangs on the bear heads. Then he will start to feel like he is surrounded by vicious animals, waiting to attack. If he keeps throwing stuff at me, this day could come sooner than later.

For now, he is surrounded with cuddly teddies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems a little effeminate for a boys room. How about some monsters or a Millenium Falcon?

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, why not put some Jar Jar Binks around the wall while you're at it?

Is this a G.S. comment?

The room looks great Fraser.

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, I lack the artistic ability for the falcon, and I have no monster stencils.

Bears are for everyone. I like Bears. If you don't like Bears, you are wrong and a bad person for thinking that.