Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Exciting Developments - 11 Days until move

I now have pictures in a Museum.

The Musée de l'Elysée, Lausanne, Switzerland has exhibit called "TOUS PHOTOGRAPHES! /

WE ARE ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW!" about The rapid mutation of amateur photography in the digital age. It is done in collaboration with HP (where I learned of it,) and also some newspapers, magazines and universities. Essentially they take submissions and then display them on a rotating basis, each image for a short while.

I thought is was cool and submitted a few pictures I took that I liked, the neat thing is that when the museum displays your photo, they send you email with a picture of how it looks. So here are people looking at my images in the museum:


There, now I am famous... Well, mixed in with the many many many other people and pictures that were shown, but still. That is the first thing I have ever produced that was shown in a museum, so I still feel like it was an accomplishment.

ADDITION:

Here at the request of Dave in the comments are the photos in the original format I have posted some of these in the past:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. But how come you didn't submit the picture of me hugging Dave. Now that's art!

Anonymous said...

a photo like that should be saved for the Robert Maplethorpe exhibit.

Fraser, can you post the actual photos? It's a bit hard to see your musuem pieces.

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, I think that Dave and Ponter locked in an embrace may have been too much for the crowds to handle, they are Swiss...

I will add the originals to the post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks..I can now print them off and brag that I own several musuem pieces.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree - next time submit the ones of Dave and Ponter in their timeless embrace.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is awesome. Nice pictures.
The Doris