Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Masterpiece - 22 Days until move


Here is the first "drawing" produced by Liam the wonderbaby (click for full size image.) This was done yesterday at his day care. I had intentionally not given him pens, pencils, crayons, or any other drawing tool intentionally until now as I selfishly thought of our walls and furniture.

As you can see from this glorious piece of art, I was not exactly missing out on anything with this approach. I know he is one, but lets face it, he has no skills. I asked him what this was a drawing of, and he looked blankly at me for a few seconds before running around the house yelling "baaahhhhhhhhhh" and then sitting in a basket. So it seems that Liam is some sort of post-modern interpretive artist. This drawing signifies the plight of the tiny people, which can also be shown with an anguished yell and a self imposed confinement.

Study this art and let me know what else you think this could be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the old Maddox post about kids drawings.
I give it an F.

GS

Fraser Anderson said...

Gord, you cannot do any better

Anonymous said...

You are the one who said your kid had no skills, I was just agreeing.

Anonymous said...

And you are right, I cannot do any better at 35 ; )
GS

Fraser Anderson said...

The words of someone jealous of pure talent when they see it.

Liam can also throw a ball.

Debbie said...

Fraser, the kid is obviously brilliant. The Plight of the Little People is a masterpiece. That needs a frame, or at least a magnet and a major appliance.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mr.Messy.
Ponter

Jay Rymal said...

This looks like the art of a frustrated tiny artist who has had his tools cruelly withheld from him for at least a year.

Unknown said...

The trick is washable markers. Crayons are ok too... just invest in a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (I swear it works!!)
And teach Liam a new mantra "Paper only, paper only". It works. OK, truth be told it worked with Jack... not always so consistently well with Kate. Hence my familiarity with the Magic Eraser.