Monday, February 12, 2007

Team Canada - 26 Days until Move


On my last visit to Canada, I bought Liam a hockey sweater. I went with Team Canada so he could have the partner look with daddy. Although, my team Canada sweater is an older style, and the home version. Also, mine is a huge size since I wear it when I play and it fits over goalie equipment. So I can't exactly wear it around the house unless I gain about 100 pounds to fill it out. Maybe in a year or two...

Anyway, the smallest one I could find for Liam was 24 months, and he is just big enough to fit into it now. I think it looks cute on him and he likes it since it has a big patch on the front he can touch.

It is not all party time even with a new exciting shirt though. He is always begging for cookies, and I refuse to give him any. I think he is too little for cookies and cakes, he can eat fruit if he wants a snack. This made me unpopular...
Lucky for me, he has a short memory. We played a little bit of ball, and then I put him in his PJs, gave him his bear and a drink and let him watch cartoons. Then All was forgiven.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser, how is hockey going for you?
Ponter

Anonymous said...

Does Liam have a nerf hockey stick yet?

Also, Ponter's b-day is Feb. 14th, in case you want to do a Ponter tribute.

Fraser Anderson said...

Hockey is going pretty well for me, we have a pretty decent group this year and I hope we will do well in the regional tournament.

We have won it 3 of the 4 times I have participated, so things look good.

Liam has no hockey stick yet, I think he would not quite figure that out. He does have some soccer balls though and they are among the toys that I play the most with him.

I think he will get a hockey stick next time I am in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Fraser, when the boy wants cookies just give him this little bit of advice:

You take the good,
You take the bad,
You take them both and there you have the facts of life.
The facts of life.

There's a time you gotta go and show
You're growin' now,
You know about the facts of life.
The facts of life.

When the world never seems,
To be living up to your dreams.
And suddenly you're finding out,
The facts of life are all about you.
All about you.
You-u-u-u,
A-ll about you.
It takes a lot to get em right,
But you're learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of li-fe.

Ponter

Debbie said...

The kid seems pretty good with a hammer, so, I can just imagine what he'd do with a stick.

Last year, I went to a Habs game and sat in my boss' seats (My boss is a multi-millionare, I was practically sitting with the team) I saw all these dads with their sons in Habs shirts. It was really cute. They get so excited! You'll have to do that with Liam.

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, since we will not have too many opportunities to go to NHL games, and I will be in Toronto more often than Montreal, it looks like I will have to take Liam to Leafs games.

It is more likely that I will have to be a football dad and take him to VfB Stuttgart games like all the papas here.

At least when I move I will have cable and I can get the north american sports channel. Then I can finally see regular NHL games.