Friday, February 23, 2007

My Big Promotion - 15 Days until move

I can hardly believe that there are only 2 more weeks until the big move. I brought the first actual moved items to the house last night. Two shelves for the basement. Since I have to go over there many times anyway, now that the basement is done, I will make sure the car has a few boxes in it every time I head over. That should ease a bit of the pain on the final moving day.

We spent about 3 hours or so packing up the office last night too. So many books and binders and things, they fill up boxes fast and it is a lot of trouble to make sure the boxes are not so stuffed that they can no longer be lifted. It seemed to go fine though. I think I am going to need a lot more boxed for the est of the house.

In other news, my massive "promotion" was announced. I am now the Product Manager for Business Communications Media for Europe. Snazzy. It is a small portfolio of products covering stuff like overhead transparencies, laserjet paper, brochure paper, and special inkjet paper. I am practically drunk with power. It should be a nice change from all of my chart making duties. On the down side, it makes my life even more like the TV show The Office. I think I should spend my time trying to invent new products, like the overhead transparency death ray, or brochures pre-printed with "Smilin' Gord Smith" on them.

Here are two products from my new world of paper.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the promotion!
Your products look good!
Doris

Fraser Anderson said...

Thanks,

I look forward to making the world a better place through mailing labels.

Anonymous said...

Congrats but it is obviously not nearly as exciting as the world of bread.

Anonymous said...

Ponter - can you mail me a few thousand bags of the square bagels?

Thanks!
GS

Fraser Anderson said...

Square Bagels? What magic is this?

You do not have the power of Laserjet Overhead Transparencies my friend. Bow before my glory, consume my everyday printing paper with colorlok technology.

Anonymous said...

Square bagels is the other guy, not us.
See how exciting bread can be!! The only thing transparencies do are copy things that already exists. Where's the creativity in that. Might as well be a tracer. Although, Captain Transparency would make a great WoW character.
Ponter

Anonymous said...

Captain Transparency would tremble is his level 11 deerskin boots at the supreme WoW warrior that is Dave Crawford.

Dave would merely cast an Aura of Invincibility around himself.

Fraser Anderson said...

Oh Ponter, Transparencies can be so much more than that. I don't want to give away any trade secrets though. When the time is right, I will unleash the greatness of Transparencies on an unsuspecting world.

*** said...

Hey congratulations on your promotion. Now, can you score us some freebies?