Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We have a Front Door 23 Days until move

Well, the temporary front door has now gone and the proper front door is in. It looks funny since the rest of the outside is still all the rough brick. I am still very happy with the door we chose though. It is full of bluey goodness. Here it is from outside and then inside.The first layer of paint was also done for the halls, ground floor and the basement. The basement was actually completely painted, it is starting to look much more livable.On the one hand, I cannot believe it is only 23 day until we will move in, on the other hand, these next 23 days cannot pass quickly enough for me. The waiting has gone on so long that most of all, I just want to get into the house and finally not have to think about what has to be done.

I know that we will still be moving and doing little odd jobs here and there for the next year or so after we move in, but it will be so very different once we are there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's a door.
Ponter

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the doors at my grade school. The ones that Argi crushed my fingers in.

Can you show pictures of the windows too?

GS

Anonymous said...

Ponter, with all of your home renovations, I'd think you could be a little more descriptive.

Fraser Anderson said...

I thought that I already showed the windows... It was night and I just had my little camera, so the flash is not powerful enough to do the whole front of the house.

Tiles start to go in this Friday, that should be exciting.

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought that we'd be discussing the excitement of doors and tile color. What happened to us?

Fraser Anderson said...

I am am sure that I was just as excited about doors and tiles when I was 19.

I would keep a nice supply of swatchbooks on hand at all times to be sure to have some great conversation starters in Vanier after high tea.

Anonymous said...

Acutually, your door color is very close to the Vanier blue. You just need the green and magenta and you can re-live your glory years.

Fraser Anderson said...

Dave, if only I had thought of that sooner.

Anonymous said...

yes, but if he paints in like Vanier college, his safe will get stolen.