Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bear Patrol

The other day, Liam wandered off and the apartment grew quiet. This is normally a time when we should get nervous that he is up to something. Then we started to hear a lot of banging around noises and lots of shuffling hub-bub from his room. Finally we heard a little voice going "oompa, oompa." The name of his favorite bear is Oompa Loompa, which is also one of the only words he can say...

So I went into his room and saw that he had dragged out the cart from behind his bed, and put the bear in it to push around...Like any good game, this does not stay limited to his room. Oompa Loomp clearly would have to go on a tour of the whole apartment.

This little game went on for about 30 minutes. Just Liam pushing around this cart over and over and over again. From time to time he would stop to pick up some more bears or take some out, but Oompa was always in there as the head of the bears.

I am actually pretty happy that he picked this bear as his favorite, it is a pretty cute bear. I think that it is one my mother gave him. Most of the bears in his room are quite nice, but there are one or two that I think are pretty ugly looking and I would not really like to see them carried all over the place. I have heard stories from friends with kids that are annoyed when their kid chooses the rattiest most gaudily coloured monstrosity from the pile of toys and won't go anyplace without it.

Oompa Loompa is a nice bear and I am happy to bring him along on any adventures we have. Liam's other favorite "bring along" toys are some trucks and buckets. All OK by me.

One more photo of the proud boy out on bear patrol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have my bear from my childhood. He has lost most of his fur. His name was "Teddy".
He still sleeps on the bed with Curious George.

gs

Fraser Anderson said...

I had a stuffed Jawa that my aunt bought me when they found out how star wars crazy I was. his hand squeeked when you pressed it.

I hope he is still at my mother's.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a time in Vanier when I pushed Mike Ponter around in a shopping cart.

I believe it was noted for prosperity in the porter's log.

As a side note, I bought a nice winter scarf yesterday. To my surprise, it was made in Germany.

I hope my new German scarf is as good as all the other German things I've bought...black forest ham, black forest cake, beer, sausage, and saurkraut.

Anonymous said...

Dave - you should wear the scarf like a sumo diaper instead.

Fraser Anderson said...

Of course your scarf will be of tremendous quality. It will have been overseen by the German ministry of scarves and probably had to pass the scarf standards office.

I think I missed the Ponter in a cart incident. I wonder if we could get a hold of those porters logs and read through them for fun. I would love to read everything for the years when Paul Pace and Jun Yee were in rez.