Monday, January 15, 2007

Music Man

Liam's Christmas gift from his Aunt Shona was a musical learning tree thingamajig. Basically, it is a plastic tree with a hole in the top and many buttons and stuff on it. There are 5 different coloured balls, and depending on which ball is placed in the hole on top, the buttons do different things. The red ball makes the buttons say numbers, the orange does the alphabet and so on. My personal favorite is the blue ball, since it makes music. It is far easier to listen to Liam making the same little songs over and over than to hear a little voice yelling out the alphabet over and over.

At first he was crazy for this tree, to the point of carrying it all over the house to be at his side as needed. Now he has calmed down and the toy has entered the regular rotation. He still plays with it quite a lot, but he no longer lugs it from room to room.

My favorite button on this tree is the one marked volume. I only wish that it has some lower settings.

In my wonderful ongoing quest to put more things on the page, I have just added two more items to the sidebar. There is now "what I am reading" and "what film did I last watch." Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to add some editorial comments to those. I know the world hangs on my opinion when it comes to film and books. (looks like this is not working properly yet, but I will figure it out.)

No comments: