Monday, January 22, 2007

Off to Frankfurt - 46 Days until move

I am doing a post this evening since I am off traveling all day tomorrow. I am off to the fun and greatness that is PAPERWORLD!"Paperworld Frankfurt - The World of Office and Paper Products" This is the Premier office paper trade show IN THE WHOLE WORLD! That is right, it is just as exciting as you may think it to be.

My purpose in going here is to attend a meeting with some big fish from HP in California, where I shall present the European performance for 2006 and what the outlook for 2007 currently looks like. I know, you all think that my job sounds movie-star glamorous, and I must admit, it is just like it sounds.

I will be spending some time in the morning reviewing large format paper, then in the afternoon.... small format paper. Small format is the sexy one, it has the photographic paper.

Some days ago, I mentioned that I had a stuffed jawa of the Star Wars Variety as a kid. I thought it would be funny to look and see if I could find one on eBay to give to Liam so he could start his Science Fiction fandom at a very young age. There is no way around it, I will be forcing robots on him at every opportunity.

Anyway, on eBay, the Jawa I so dearly loved apparently goes for around $600. That is US dollars, not pesos, lira, or some other more reasonable rate of currency to go with that price for a stuffed toy. I am pretty sure that mine is still in Mum's closet, so it better be in pristine condition. I will need it to fund my retirement.

Below is a photo of me holding Mr. Jawa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More importantly, look at those legs and those shorts!
Ponter

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you'd never seen "Life Goes On"?

This picture suggests otherwise.

GS

Fraser Anderson said...

you are just jealous of my slim bronzed physique