Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Playing Ticket to Ride

On New Year's eve, like real nerdy geeks, we played some board games. Think what you will, I love board games.

One that is universally enjoyed by everyone who try it is "Ticket to Ride." This is a game of making card sets and then playing them to claim train routes on a map. You get points for completing certain routes and connecting certain cities.

Here you can see Claudia having a good think about what to do next.

I was fortunate enough to win this particular game. As it was new years and we were in a wild and crazy mood, the game was enhanced through the wearing of silly hats. Here I am posing in a silly hat displaying my winning green trains.

Ryan came second. He is very sad because he has NEVER won the train game. I have won quite a lot, as has Claudia and Doris. But for some reason, Ryan has never quite pulled off a win in all the many hundreds of times we have played. The Joneses even purchased their own copy of the Europe version of the game (I have the American one,) and we have all taken turns beating Ryan on that version too.

Here is Ryan in a silly hat coming second. Note the sadness in his eyes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't the CBC cover this exciting party on New Years Eve? I then flipped to HBO to watch Dave play video games in the nude. The BBC was covering the lame house party I was at.

Fraser Anderson said...

CBC? What country do you think I am in??

ZDF was there with a full film crew. Dave would not be allowed in, Train game has a strict no nudity rule.

Anonymous said...

I find that no-nudist policy discriminatory.

Anonymous said...

hey, is saw dave's video Wow Party on the net on Youtube. Crazy stuff.

Who knew Palladins fought naked...

Anonymous said...

Dave can do what he wants otherwise he will smash you with his "warrior hammer".
Ponter

Fraser Anderson said...

I have seen no such hammer. I am not worried at all.

Dave if you visit here I will convince you how dull WoW is to playing games face to face with real live people.

Although, there is a WoW boardgame.

Anonymous said...

Boardgames - yes, but then there goes the whole "playing naked" thing.

Fraser Anderson said...

Remember this is a family blog.

Anonymous said...

Fraser! You should design a boardgame.
Ponter

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive you still have that hat. Last time I saw it was...12 years ago. Some things never go out of style ;-) !