Monday, January 29, 2007

Snowy Playground - 40 Days until move

One of the highlights of the new neighborhood that we will live in is the giant adventure playground just down the street. There are massive, very obviously dangerous apparatus that Liam will be ably to enjoy. I know this place would have been heaven for me as a kid. Look at this 2 story web of climbing next to the always popular tire and post fun station:

Then we have the snowy-slick ramp and yet more tire and post constructions...

Then we have the fenced in basketball/small soccer area. I plan to play a little hoops here myself if there is an available time. It looks fun.

Of course, the place was devoid of children on Saturday since there was a snow explosion here and they were all one street over tobogganing on the big hill.

Finally, here is the snowy castle "Schloss Hohenentringen" that overlooks our street. There is a nice beer garden there overlooking the town that we plan to visit in spring. I have a colleague who has been and it is apparently nice. Our street is named after this castle since we get the nice view of it, Hohenentringerstrasse. Here is their web page...

Schloss Hohenentringen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how we have different experiences. I look out my front window at a half-way house and hookers. The neighbourhood kids play on the Gardiner Expressway, well that is what I encourage at least.
But, I have what you don't, Dave Crawford 5 minutes away.
Ponter

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, at least you can buy root beer. I miss this.

Anonymous said...

As long as Dave isn't one of the hookers, everything is good. But he has been mysteriously absent lately, so hmmmmm

GS

*** said...

Can you street name get any longer???